The age of viral outbreaks – Impact on outsourced functions and relationships
As COVID-19 continues its rampage around the world, our focus switches to its impact on outsourced functions, the relationships between customers and service providers, and the future of the outsourcing market.
DLA Piper’s Global Technology and Sourcing team invites you to join in a webinar that will discuss the types of challenges that we have seen posed to outsourcing engagements, their legal and contractual footings (including the perspectives of both customers and service providers), and practical and pragmatic guidance for managing through this novel pandemic.
In the webinar, we will:
provide current examples of the types of issues and challenges that are arising in outsourced functions and relationships as a result of COVID-19;
- explain the legal doctrines that may play a role in facing the challenges presented by the pandemic, such as frustration, impossibility, “hardship”, impracticability and force majeure, including the extent to which they can be avoided/mitigated;
- discuss how other legal theories may interrelate to the doctrines mentioned above (e.g., good faith and fair dealing);
- review a variety of contractual and commercial levers that you should consider for ensuring business continuity and for addressing extraordinary shifts in demand; and
- examine the impact of COVID-19 and other potential pandemics on the near- and long-term future for outsourcing.
The webinar will be presented by an international panel of speakers from major locations around the world, all of which are experiencing different levels of impact from COVID-19.
Who should attend?
CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CIOs, CTOs, Supply Chain Directors, Sales Directors, Relationship Managers, Contract Managers, Procurement and Vendor Managers, In House Counsel and those involved in:
- managing and operating outsourced services and relationships; and
- all those who will be affected by disruption to outsourced functions and the services and arrangements supporting those functions.
Kit Burden, Partner, London
Mark O'Conor, Partner, London
Paul Allen, Partner, Dubai
Scott Thiel, Partner, Hong Kong
Vinny Sanchez, Partner, Chicago
Anne M. Friedman, Of Counsel, Los Angeles
For more information
Please contact Katie Holland with questions.